this international course series organized in the close cooperation of Croatian Society of Rheumatology and International Society for Ultrasound in Rheumatology by the group of experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience in application of the musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSUS) in rheumatology is intended for rheumatologists, radiologists, orthopaedic surgeons, physiatrist, pain specialists, practising or prescribing ultrasound in rheumatic diseases. The aim is creating a practical yet comprehensive course on how to efficiently and rationally incorporate MSUS into diagnostic and therapeutic process as well as decision making and clinical reasoning in the most prevalent entities in rheumatology.
Spondylarthritis (SpA) patients are prevalent and often present a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge for rheumatologist and related experts in the field. Many components of activity and damage in SpA are hard to assess objectively. Ultrasound in SpA is helpful in all stages of disease development. It may help in diagnostic process, therapeutic decision making, follow-up, damage assessment and serve as a great tool in guiding injections in inflammation and pain control.
The course will provide evidence based and empirical approach to the use of MSUS in SpA and psoriatic arthritis, explained from the bench to the bedside through interactive lectures and workshops. It is also a great opportunity to meet and network with colleagues and experts in the field.
Workshops are organized using hi-end US systems, involving real-life SpA patients and prepared case presentations Diagnostic workshops are included in the program.
Course venue is Hotel Briig, situated conveniently in the centre of Split, Croatia, at the beautiful Adriatic coast easy to find and reach.
Croatian Rheumatology Association, International Society for Ultrasound in Rheumatology
- Prof. Miroslav Mayer, MD PhD, specialist of internal medicine, rheumatologist and clinical immunologist , associate professor of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Department of Medicine , Division of Clinical Immunology and rheumatology University Hospital Centre Zagreb
- Dr. Francesco Porta, MD, interdisciplinary Pain Medicine Unit, Rheumatology Section,Santa Maria Maddalena Hospital, Occhiobello, Italy
- Prof. Maria Antonietta D’Agostino, MD, Full Professor of Rheumatology, Sacro Cuore University, Rome, Italy
- Dr Ahmed Abogamal Consultant Rheumatologist and Professor of Joint Disease and Rheumatology, GARGASH hospital, Dubai
- Prof. Dr. Peter V Balint, full Professor at the Semmelweis University, 3rd Rheumatology Department in the National Institute, Budapest, Hungary, Rheumatology Department in the National Institute, Budapest, Hungary
- Dr. Mislav Cerovec MD PhD specialist of internal medicine, rheumatologist, Special hospital Primamed, Zagreb Croatia
- Prof. Emilio Filippucci MD, PhD, Associate Professor in Rheumatology at the Università Politecnica delle Marche, Jesi (Ancona), Italy
- Prof. Maria Esperanza Naredo, MD, Rheumatologist Department of Rheumatology, Joint and Bone Research Unit Hospital Universitario Fundación Jiménez Díaz Autonoma University Spain Full Rheumatology Residency in the Hospital La Paz, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain
- Prof. Goran Radunović MD PhD Professor University of Belgrade Medical School, Institute of Rheumatology Serbia
- Dr Hana Skala Kavanagh MD, specialist of physical medicine and rehabilitationUniversity Clinical Hospital Center “Sestre Milosrdnice” · Department of Rheumatology
- Dr Ljiljana Smiljanić Tomičević MD PhD, specialist of internal medicine, consultant immunologist, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Department of Medicine , Division of Clinical Immunology and rheumatology, University Hospital Centre Zagreb
- Prof. Plamen Todorov MD PhD Professor in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology at the Medical University of Plovdiv and Kaspela University Hospital, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Prof. Florentin Vreju MD Full Professor in Rheumatology, with experience in Internal Medicine, at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Craiova, Romania